Weather patterns – and the resulting precipitation figures – go through cycles each year. Droughts seem to be more common and persistent in recent years, though, putting significant strain on our already stretched resources. Luckily, for the general public at least, there are ways to navigate this challenge. Pretoria residents have increasingly turned to borehole drilling to supplement their water resources.
Working with trusted borehole drilling professionals in Pretoria can help homeowners unlock a wide range of benefits – perhaps even more than you might have initially considered. Some of the main advantages include:
- Water whenever you need it: One of the biggest benefits of borehole drilling is the fact that it gives homeowners uninterrupted supply to water. A regular borehole should easily meet the demands of the average Pretoria household.
- Less strain on municipal resources: Access to your own water supply means that you are less reliant on the municipal system. This, in turn, leads to the more responsible distribution of water and avoids hiked tariffs during restriction periods.
- Pay less towards your water bills: While it’s true that borehole drilling requires an upfront investment, it does provide access to a resource that allows you to use less of the municipal supply. This reduction in usage, in turn, will be reflected in your lower monthly municipal water bill.
- Have the garden you want: Tired of a drab, dry garden? Be the pride of Pretoria with a well-manicured garden all year through.
- Increase your property value: Get a quality service provider to do the drilling. A properly installed borehole adds to the desirability and thus resale value of your Pretoria property.
- Water that is chemical-free and mineral-rich: Municipal water is treated to make sure it is safe for consumption. Borehole drilling accesses the pure, naturally filtered groundwater, which is rich in minerals and great for your garden.
The Borehole Drilling Process
First, you need to find a reputable and experienced service provider in Pretoria. If you want a reliable setup, avoid shortcuts or deals that sound too good to be true. The main steps of the process include:
- Step 1: The process starts with hydrogeologists assessing the geophysical properties of the area. This is to help determine where the water is and how to get to it while avoiding existing underground infrastructure.
- Step 2: Once a route has been determined, drilling can commence. Once the hole has been drilled, the casing is placed to construct the actual borehole.
- Step 3: Only now can an accurate yield of the borehole be determined. This is done through an aquifer test using a test pump.
- Step 4: Now that the yield is determined, a suitable pump and necessary piping can be installed depending on the intended usage of the water.
The Cost of Borehole Drilling
There is no standard price for a borehole. The cost can differ from one Pretoria property to the next. The reason for this is that several factors influence the price of drilling and construction, including:
- How deep they need to drill: The deeper they need to drill, the more expensive the procedure will be. This is due to the fact that most service providers charge per metre or per hour. Additionally, more equipment might also be required for a deeper bore.
- How much casing is required: The deeper the bore, the more casing is typically required to reinforce the hole or the structure of the bore. Correspondingly, the more casing is used, the more expensive the borehole will be.
- What type of rock needs to be drilled: Certain types of rock are more difficult to bore, can take longer (see point 1), or require special drill bits. All of these can add to the potential cost.
- The condition of the earth: The ground conditions play a major role. While one might think it is easy to drill through soft soil, this can actually complicate the process as it requires much more reinforcement and casing to maintain the structural integrity of the hole.
Where to Find the Best Borehole Drilling Company in Pretoria
Your first choice should be the Inyati Group. With years of experience and a track record that speaks for itself, this is the best team to partner with. If you’re looking for a service provider to assist you with borehole drilling in Pretoria, get in touch with the Inyati Group right away.